How much does car insurance cost in Dubai? What kind of car insurance should I get? Are there any discounts for young drivers?
Car insurance is mandatory in UAE. In fact, it is compulsory for every driver to carry a valid auto insurance policy. This means that you cannot drive without having insurance coverage. If you don’t have a valid policy, you will face hefty fines or even jail time. The minimum amount of coverage required by law is Dh1 million and the maximum limit is Dh10 million. However, if your vehicle has an accident, you may be liable for higher amounts. For example, if your car is damaged beyond repair, you could be held responsible for up to Dh20 million.
The following are some tips on how to choose a good car insurance company:
- Ask around from friends and family who have used different companies before. You can also check online reviews of various insurers.
- Check out what other people pay as premiums. Don’t just take the lowest quote.
- Compare quotes from at least three different providers.
- Make sure the insurer offers multiple payment options such as credit cards, debit cards, cash, cheques, etc.
- Ensure that the premium quoted is inclusive of all taxes and fees.
- Consider raising your deductible (the amount you would need to pay out of pocket) when choosing a new policy.
- If you are looking for additional coverages like third party liability, comprehensive, collision damage waiver (CDW), personal injury protection (PIP), medical payments, etc., make sure they are included in your premium.
- Remember to keep track of your claims. It is important to file a claim within 30 days of the date of loss. Also, keep copies of all correspondence with the insurer.
If you want to know more about car insurance in Dubai, contact us today! We offer advice and assistance.
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance protects you against financial losses caused by accidents involving your car. It covers the costs of repairing your car after an accident and paying compensation to others involved in the crash.
Types of Car Insurance
There are two main types of car insurance policies available in UAE – Third Party Liability (TPI) and Comprehensive.
Third Party Liability (TPT)
This type of insurance pays compensation to other parties injured in an accident involving your car. It is usually cheaper than Comprehensive insurance because it only covers damages to other vehicles and property. TPI policies do not include medical expenses and lost wages.
This type of insurance provides both third-party and comprehensive coverage. It includes medical expenses and lost wages among its benefits.
Required Papers for Car Insurance
You must provide certain documents when applying for a car insurance policy. These include proof of identity, residency, registration certificate, driving license, etc.
How much does Car Insurance Cost?
In UAE, the cost of car insurance depends on several factors including the age of the insured person, the number of years he/she has been driving, the location where the car is registered, etc.
However, there are many ways to reduce the cost of car insurance. For instance, you can opt for lower deductibles (the amount you would pay out of pocket). Another way is to get a multi-policy discount. This allows you to save money if you buy multiple policies from one provider.
Contact Us Today
For any queries or questions regarding car insurance in UAE or getting the best estimated value of your used car in UAE, feel free to visit our site, our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.
Sultan Asad is the Branding Manager at WeBuyCarsDXB. More than 5000 customers from all over the UAE have chosen We Buy Cars DXB as a trustworthy car selling service that provides a hassle-free way for any person selling their car by taking care of the deal front to end in under 30 minutes.
Get more acquainted with their hassle-free way to buy a car in under 30 minutes at We Buy Cars – Sell Any Car To Us In Dubai.